* BBDB and Contact Date
@ 2003-01-09 13:18 Robert Inder
From: Robert Inder @ 2003-01-09 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I realise it isn't quite a GNUS question, but Google
Groups shows that this is one of the groups with the
most mentions of BBDB, so....

I currently use Gnus for mail and news, and
I'm thinking of adopting BBDB.

A key thing I want to do is make time-based notes
against names: so when Fred asks me to give him
a ring in a couple of months time, I want to add this
to his record and then have some way to find the
people that need attention now/soon.

> From the documentation I've seen, it doesn't look like BBDB
supports this directly. Right?

But it looks like I could add a "next contact" field to
a record (as a text/notes field), so "all" I would have to
do is write some lisp to do the filtering. Right?

Before I spend time on this, has anybody else done this
already? Or is anyone working on it now?

If not, why not? :-) And will it be hard?
If I dig around in side BBDB, will
I find easy ways to loop over records? To extract fields?

Thanks in advance.

Robert.

--
__                                  To avoid the spam trap, mail me
|_) _ |_  _ ._ |-   | _  _| _ ._    at bcs.org.uk, not deadspam.com.
                                    Best viewed in Ebriated.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-01-09 13:18 UTC | newest]