Ted Zlatanov writes: > Gnus does not convert messages for storage AFAIK. What are you trying > to accomplish? I use spam.el with spam-use-bogofilter (bogofilter configured with unicode=yes and default_charset=utf-8) and I noticed correctly displayed german umlauts and badly displayed german umlauts in my bogoutil -d wordlist.db output. So I assumed bogofilter received messages in different encodings and wanted to stop that to get a nice and plain bogoutil -d wordlist.db output. Sorry for bad english. Yours sincerely, Eric Böse-Wolf