From: Adrian Aichner <adrian@xemacs.org>
Subject: Re: migrating my mboxes from evolution to gnus, advice?
Date: 29 May 2002 08:19:35 +0200	[thread overview]

    Matthew> Howdy I am migrating from Ximian Evolution to Gnus (I'm
    Matthew> gnew to gnus). I noticed Evolution kept my mail in
    Matthew> convenient mbox-format. Apart from my Inbox, I have about
    Matthew> 16 mboxes corresponding to mailing lists I'm subscribed
    Matthew> to.

    Matthew> I figure I could use the "G f" command to import each
    Matthew> mbox, but I'd like to merge the content of each of those
    Matthew> with new mailing list mail I receive and split *after*
    Matthew> the migration. Is "G f" the best way to go about this?

    Matthew> My plan would be to "G f" for each Evolution mbox I have,
    Matthew> then set a nnmail-split-methods appropriately to send
    Matthew> incoming mail to these imported mboxes. Sound good?

Hi Matthew,

Gnus also lets you respool old mail from the summary buffer according
to your nnmail-split-methods.

Make sure to debug the rules a bit first with
B t runs the command gnus-summary-respool-trace

Then you can use
B r runs the command gnus-summary-respool-article

See docs for these first with
C-h f (describe-function)

Hope this helps,

Adrian