* spamassassin and gnus
@ 2006-06-18 23:02 Hadron Quark
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-06-18 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have spamc talking to spamd and procmail then moving spam to special
spam folders depending on the newly added spamassassin headers.

How to mark mail as not spam though?

e.g I get soemthing like:

===================
Spam detection software, running on the system "local", has

Content preview:  smtp test -- test [...]

 pts rule name              description
 0.0 UNPARSEABLE_RELAY      Informational: message has unparseable relay lines
 2.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
                            [80.171.194.85 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
 1.8 RCVD_IN_DSBL           RBL: Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
                            [<http://dsbl.org/listing?80.171.194.85>]
 1.7 RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL      RBL: NJABL: dialup sender did non-local SMTP
                            [80.171.194.85 listed in combined.njabl.org]

I seem unable to find documentation on how to alter this and mark mails
as spam and not spam inside the gnus interface.

* Re: spamassassin and gnus
@ 2006-06-19 14:51 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2006-06-19 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18 Jun 2006, hadronquark@gmail.com wrote:

> I have spamc talking to spamd and procmail then moving spam to special
> spam folders depending on the newly added spamassassin headers.
>
> How to mark mail as not spam though?
> I seem unable to find documentation on how to alter this and mark mails
> as spam and not spam inside the gnus interface.

It's done with marks.  You can set up custom marks for spam and ham;
by default there's only one spam mark ($), while ham has several
marks.  `G c' on any group will show you the list of marks, which you
can customize per group/topic or with gnus-parameters.

As for driving SA to do the right thing, if you use the spam.el SA
backend, it will pick the options properly for you.  If you do it
manually, you probably want to use the sa-learn script on the
messages.

Ted

* Re: spamassassin and gnus
       [not found]   ` <87r8m3m8x3.fsf@hackerhue.ddts.net>
@ 2002-03-29 21:11     ` Jacques L'helgoualc'h
From: Jacques L'helgoualc'h @ 2002-03-29 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hubert Chan <hackerhue@geek.com> wrote:
[...]
> AFAICT, fancy splitting can call arbitrary functions with a buffer
> narrowed to the current message, so my strategy would be to grab the
> narrowed buffer, pipe it through spamassassin,

FWIW, I use the spam(c|d) client/server pair, which is much quicker
here.

--
Jacques L'helgoualc'h

* Re: spamassassin and gnus
       [not found]   ` <87d6xv544h.fsf@nomad.consult-meyers.com>
@ 2002-03-27 14:58     ` Niels Langager Ellegaard
From: Niels Langager Ellegaard @ 2002-03-27 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

"A. L. Meyers" <nospam.look@replyto.because.this.is.invalid> writes:

> Mailfilter is good. One just continues adding to it to thrwart new
> spammers tricks. Another tool is gnus-junk-complain which is an
> add-on used to complain about the spams which seep thru the filter.

The mailfilter seems to a nice application. Personally I find that
split-fancy can do much of the same for me.

My mail is splitted into folders, and everything that doesn't fit
anywhere are put in a nnfolder named mail.main. The following (ugly
looking) lines in my .gnus make sure that everytime i open mail.main
all unread mails in this folder are marked as expirable.

(defun my-expire-mail-main () (interactive)
  (if (string-match  "mail.main" gnus-newsgroup-name)
     (dolist (article gnus-newsgroup-unreads)
      (setq gnus-newsgroup-unreads (delq article gnus-newsgroup-unreads))
      (push article  gnus-newsgroup-expirable)
      )
))
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-generate-hook 'my-expire-mail-main)

--
Niels L Ellegaard  http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/