* Re: acidentally used total-expire
       [not found]   ` <87bruwip3t.fsf@lux99.home>
@ 2003-08-11  9:36     ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-08-11  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

upro <upro@gmx.net> writes:

> Frank Schmitt <usereplyto@Frank-Schmitt.net> writes:
>
>> They are most probably gone for good. But perhaps you have (or had) set
>> mail-source-delete-incoming set to nil, then there should be files
>> IncomingXXXX in ~/Mail containing all messages you received.
>
> Well, I'm afraid they're really gone...

Well, at least you had the chance to read them once, I accidentally
deleted the (".*" Inbox) rule in my nnmail-split-methods some weeks ago
and lost all mail which wasn't caught by preceding rules for about six
weeks.

(BTW: WIBNIG did at least warn, when it doesn't find a matching rule
for incoming mails?)

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough

* Re: acidentally used total-expire
@ 2003-08-11 11:59       ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2003-08-11 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

· Frank Schmitt <usereplyto@Frank-Schmitt.net> wrote:

> Well, at least you had the chance to read them once, I accidentally
> deleted the (".*" Inbox) rule in my nnmail-split-methods some weeks ago
> and lost all mail which wasn't caught by preceding rules for about six
> weeks.

Usually unimportant stuff like mails from your new employer, new
girlfriend etc.

> (BTW: WIBNIG did at least warn, when it doesn't find a matching rule
> for incoming mails?)

This happened to me a few years ago (using nnfolder then) and all the
unmatched mail ended up in a folder called "bogus".  nnmail.el has
some code for this (?).

Cheers, Ray
--
Sigmentation fault, core dumped.

* Re: acidentally used total-expire
@ 2003-08-14 21:32       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-08-14 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Schmitt <usereplyto@Frank-Schmitt.net> writes:

> (BTW: WIBNIG did at least warn, when it doesn't find a matching rule
> for incoming mails?)

Fancy splitting has the `bogus' safety net.  But I'm afraid regular
splitting doesn't.

I hereby propose to add a safety net to regular splitting.
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.