* Using different client certificates with multiple IMAP servers
@ 2010-05-07 11:22 Dirk Gouders
From: Dirk Gouders @ 2010-05-07 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I want to connect to multiple IMAP servers and present appropriate
client certificates to the different servers.

For just one server, I can set the appropriate parameters in
imap-ssl-program, but I cannot find documentation on how to do that
for multiple servers.

Is there a way to do what I want or do I need to use multiple instances
of gnus?

Dirk

* Re: Using different client certificates with multiple IMAP servers
@ 2010-05-08  5:50 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2010-05-08  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dirk Gouders <gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de> writes:

> I want to connect to multiple IMAP servers and present appropriate
> client certificates to the different servers.
>
> For just one server, I can set the appropriate parameters in
> imap-ssl-program, but I cannot find documentation on how to do that
> for multiple servers.
>
> Is there a way to do what I want or do I need to use multiple instances
> of gnus?

That's what mail-sources is for; what have you tried?

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Using different client certificates with multiple IMAP servers
@ 2010-05-08  8:31   ` Dirk Gouders
From: Dirk Gouders @ 2010-05-08  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

> Dirk Gouders <gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de> writes:
>
>> I want to connect to multiple IMAP servers and present appropriate
>> client certificates to the different servers.
>>
>> For just one server, I can set the appropriate parameters in
>> imap-ssl-program, but I cannot find documentation on how to do that
>> for multiple servers.
>>
>> Is there a way to do what I want or do I need to use multiple instances
>> of gnus?
>
> That's what mail-sources is for; what have you tried?

I tried to specify the different servers via
gnus-secondary-select-methods, e.g.:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
	(nnimap "imap1"
		(nnimap-address "imap1.net")
		(nnimap-server-port 993)
		(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.imap_auth")
		(nnimap-stream ssl))
        (nnimap "imap2"
                (nnimap-address "imap2.net")
                (nnimap-server-port 993)
		(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.imap_auth")
                (nnimap-stream ssl))
	))

But I did not know how to specify which client certificate to use for the
different servers.  I did not try mail-sources but will do that next,
thanks for the hint.

Dirk