* Newlines after attribution lines get eaten
@ 2002-11-13 13:10 Svend Tollak Munkejord
From: Svend Tollak Munkejord @ 2002-11-13 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I use trivial-cite and (an equivalent of) kai-tc-simple-attribution to make
attribution lines. The function inserts

... " wrote:\n\n"

with *two* newline characters. Still, I only get *one* newline when I reply
to messages, that is, there is no blank line between the attribution line
and the cited text. However, if I translate "wrote" into for instance
Norwegian, i.e.,

" skreiv:\n\n"

*then* it works as expected, and there appears a blank line between the
attribution line and the cited text.

This is mysterious. Why does newlines after "wrote:" get swallowed?

(I use GNU Emacs 21.2 and Oort Gnus 0.07.)

Regards,
--
Svend Tollak Munkejord

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-11-13 13:10 UTC | newest]