* IMAP, non-persistent marks
@ 2002-08-05  5:22 Neil Conway
From: Neil Conway @ 2002-08-05  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm using Gnus 5.9.0 with Emacs 21.2, with the nnimap backend. The IMAP
daemon I'm using is Courier-IMAP 1.4.3. I've been using IMAP for a
couple years now with several different MUAs, so I'm pretty sure the
IMAP part of the equation is working properly.

The problem is that when I mark an IMAP message using Gnus, the mark
does not persist after the end of the session. For example: I can flag a
message using '!', and the message appears to be flagged in the summary
view. However, if I exit the summary view ('q'), and then re-open that
mailbox, the mark has been lost. The same applies to 'read' marks, and
AFAICT other marks as well.

When I take a look at the IMAP log, no IMAP commands are being issued to
synchronize the marking commands Gnus executes with the state of the
message on the IMAP server. The "EXPUNGE" command is executed when the
mailbox is closed (and that command appears to succeed).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Neil

[ please CC me on responses -- thanks ]

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

* Re: IMAP, non-persistent marks
@ 2002-08-05 10:20 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-08-05 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Gnus 5.9.0 with Emacs 21.2, with the nnimap backend. The IMAP
> daemon I'm using is Courier-IMAP 1.4.3. I've been using IMAP for a
> couple years now with several different MUAs, so I'm pretty sure the
> IMAP part of the equation is working properly.
>
> The problem is that when I mark an IMAP message using Gnus, the mark
> does not persist after the end of the session. For example: I can flag a
> message using '!', and the message appears to be flagged in the summary
> view. However, if I exit the summary view ('q'), and then re-open that
> mailbox, the mark has been lost. The same applies to 'read' marks, and
> AFAICT other marks as well.
>
> When I take a look at the IMAP log, no IMAP commands are being issued to
> synchronize the marking commands Gnus executes with the state of the
> message on the IMAP server. The "EXPUNGE" command is executed when the
> mailbox is closed (and that command appears to succeed).

If you enable `imap-log', how the the *imap-log* buffer look after
exiting a group?