* Re: using INBOX.(Drafts|Sent|Trash) folders with nnimap?
       [not found] <m3llu0ip9k.fsf@toyland.sauerland.de>
@ 2003-08-12 17:32 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-08-12 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sebastian Kaps <seb-dated-1060761653.a9a05e@toyland.sauerland.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I recently changed my Gnus setup to use IMAP instead of POP3. Since I've
> never used IMAP before, I'm not quite familar with it.
> I have these three 'special' folders on my mail server: INBOX.Drafts,
> INBOX.Sent and INBOX.Trash.
> I'm wondering if I could use INBOX.Drafts instead of the "nndraft:drafts"
> group and INBOX.Sent instead of "nnfolder+archive:...".

It is not possible, as far as I know.

> I guess for the latter it wouldn't work to put something like
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnimap:INBOX.Sent") into ~/.gnus.

Yes.

> How are these folders supposed to be used anyway?

The folders are not special, most likely some other IMAP client
generated them for you (squirrelmail is a likely suspect).

* Re: using INBOX.(Drafts|Sent|Trash) folders with nnimap?
@ 2003-08-13 11:34   ` Sebastian Kaps
From: Sebastian Kaps @ 2003-08-13 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

// Simon Josefsson writes:

> [...]
> The folders are not special, most likely some other IMAP client
> generated them for you (squirrelmail is a likely suspect).

Ah, I see. Squirrelmail seems to be the right guess ;-)
I thought these Folders were part of IMAP - it would have been great to
have a client-independent handling of drafts and archiving.
Maybe in a few years...

--
Ciao, Sebastian