* Scoring
@ 2009-04-22  0:01 David Breton
From: David Breton @ 2009-04-22  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I would like to have scoring do something and I can't figure out how to
do it so I thought I'd ask here.

There's this guy on one of the newsgroup I read.  Every time he enters a
thread, it goes downhill really fast, you know the type.  So what I
would like to do is kill all the thread that he starts (not just his
posting in the thread, the whole thing).  Also when he enters a thread
started by someone else, I want to kill the whole subthread that he
started (again not just his postings but the whole tree rooted at the
point at which he entered).  I really hate that poster.

So can this be done?  I looked at thread-mark-and-expunge but this is
not what I want because when he enters a thread, I don't want to kill
the entire thing, just the subthread for which he is the root.

Any help would be appreciated,

David

* Scoring
@ 2012-09-26 19:31 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-09-26 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all,

I use adaptive scoring for years, but now I wanted to upscore one thread
manually, too.  So I've hit `I T RET' in the summary with point on that
thread, but `V S' on it after reentering the summary shows that it was
only scored up 5 "dollars", not 1000 as suggested by the docstring of
`gnus-score-interactive-default-score'.

Incidentally, my adaptive scoring rules add the score 5 to read
messages.  So can it be that adaptive scoring overrides my manual
score changes?

Bye,
Tassilo