* Re: Getting rid of *sent ... buffers
       [not found] <adh98rlj.fsf@bitstream.com>
@ 2003-02-06 14:00 ` John Paul Wallington
       [not found] ` <84r8alv4dg.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: John Paul Wallington @ 2003-02-06 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Davis wrote:

>  Is there a way to tell gnus/message-mode to
>  automatically close the buffer once the message is sent?

Yup.  See variable `message-kill-buffer-on-exit'.

@ 2003-02-06 16:41   ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2003-02-06 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> See variable message-max-buffers: it won't eat *all* memory.

Thanks, Kai.  Hmmm.  I was hoping this would hoping that setting
message-kill-buffer-on-exit would dramatically reduce the XEmacs/gnus
memory footprint.

Thanks,

-pd

--
--------
                             Peter Davis

* Re: Getting rid of *sent ... buffers
@ 2003-02-06 19:16   ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 2003-02-06 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Paul Wallington writes:

> Peter Davis wrote:
>> Is there a way to tell gnus/message-mode to
>> automatically close the buffer once the message is sent?

> Yup.  See variable `message-kill-buffer-on-exit'.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason that
message-kill-buffer-on-exit defaults to nil rather than t?  I can't
understand why you would want to keep a reply buffer around after the
message has been sent, although I'm sure there must be some reason.

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul             /\/     "how young are you, how old am i?
emerick@cs.bu.edu         /\/      let's count the rings around my eyes."