* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
       [not found] <y44isyljl42.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
@ 2002-11-26  7:43 ` Jarl Friis
       [not found] ` <m3znrw1enj.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Jarl Friis @ 2002-11-26  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...

About 8 months.

Jarl

@ 2002-11-26 20:22   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-26 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> writes:

> * Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu>  on Mon, 25 Nov 2002
> | How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
>
> Since around 1989 or 1990.

Cool, you've been reading mail with GNUS?  I remember a project for
this, but I forget the name.

kai

* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
       [not found] <y44isyljl42.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
       [not found] ` <m3znrw1enj.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 2002-11-26 20:55 ` Erwan David
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Erwan David @ 2002-11-26 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...

I never used and do not intend to use gnus email. It does not fit my
way of working with my mail

--
Toute faute dans ce message est surement due à une erreur de l'interface
clavier-félin d'appartement

* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
       [not found] <y44isyljl42.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-11-26 21:00 ` Michael Piotrowski
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Michael Piotrowski @ 2002-11-26 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...

For about 4 years, and I've been using it for news since 1992.

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <mxp@dynalabs.de>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt>

* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
@ 2002-11-26 22:12   ` Brady Montz
From: Brady Montz @ 2002-11-26 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:
>
> > How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...

Email, since about 1996.
News, since about 1995.

--
 Brady Montz
 bradym@balestra.org

* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
       [not found] <y44isyljl42.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-11-26 23:18 ` Stephen Peters
From: Stephen Peters @ 2002-11-26 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...

I vaguely recall poring over the documenation for gnus mail expiration
in 1994, so probably about eight years.

--
Stephen L. Peters                                  portnoy@portnoy.org
  GPG fingerprint: A1BF 5A81 03E7 47CE 71E0  3BD4 8DA6 9268 5BB6 4BBE

* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
       [not found] <y44isyljl42.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-11-26 23:32 ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-11-26 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...

About 2 years for me...I think.

--
Josh Huber

* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
       [not found] <y44isyljl42.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-12-14  1:36 ` Edward Dodge
From: Edward Dodge @ 2002-12-14  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...

Ever since Andre Showed me how to compile EMACS for OS X.

--
Edward Dodge

------------

/GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin5.5) of 2002-10-11 on G3/

* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
@ 2002-12-22 22:17   ` urfaust
From: urfaust @ 2002-12-22 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Edward Dodge <someone@g3.com> writes:

> > How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...

One day :-)

--
natsu-gusa ya  / tsuwamono-domo-ga / yume no ato
summer grasses / strong ones       / dreams site

Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldier's dreams
(Basho trans. Stryk)

* Re: How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email  ?...
@ 2002-12-24  4:55   ` Jonathon Isaac Swiderski
       [not found]     ` <843cong56g.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Jonathon Isaac Swiderski @ 2002-12-24  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> writes:

> Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:
>
> > How many years have you folks out there been using gnus email ?...
>
> I never used and do not intend to use gnus email. It does not fit my
> way of working with my mail

I've been using Gnus for newsgroups for about 12 hours, but it looks like I
won't be able to use it for email --- although my university uses IMAP for
mail, the Gnus I can use is only 5.7, which I gather doesn't support said
protocol.

If someone can tell me how to use IMAP in 5.7 (G/E 20.7), and how to save ng
messages to my mail (or at least bounce them to myself --- I save a lot of
messages to look at later), I'll likely switch, but right now I'll probably go
back to PINE, because I prefer being able to do everything together...
(today, I've been saving messages to ~/mail in my filespace, and using PINE to
move them up to my IMAP space --- not exactly optimal :-( )

--
Jonathon Isaac Swiderski \\ dangercat-20@dangercat.net
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders  \\  www.dangercat.net/resume

"I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." --Groucho Marx

@ 2002-12-24 10:47       ` Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2002-12-24 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

For the neophyte, what are the instructions for installing a more
recent version of gnus in the home directoy where Gnus v5.7
appears to be on the system already?...

If y'all would, do note technical phases and jargon that are not
explained in the instructions or referenced to a explicatory web link
in the instructions can make the instructions more difficult.

cheer and season's greetings!
 oo__  don saklad

http://zork.net/~dsaklad/gnusmail.html