* Re: BBDB completion keystroke
       [not found]     ` <8aznlgourc.fsf@sm.intel.com>
@ 2003-05-21 21:40       ` Jason Dufair
From: Jason Dufair @ 2003-05-21 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Balaji Venkataraman <bvenkata+nospam@sm.intel.com> writes:

> What I told you above should do it for you. Make sure you have the other
> variables set (as pointed out by some others).

I guess I'm not being very clear.  I already have BBDB integration
working perfectly and have the variables set the way I want them.  By
default, BBDB binds 'bbdb-complete-name to M-tab, but I wish to bind it
to tab instead.  The solution above works nearly perfectly, with the
exception that I don't want tab to be bound to 'bbdb-complete-name in
the body of my message.  Is there some way to make this binding
stateful, based on what part of the message I'm editing, i.e. the
headers or the body?

In an ideal world, I would type a part of someone's name in the To:
field, then hit tab, and Emacs would first search my ~/.mailrc, then the
BBDB and finally my LDAP directory (via EUDC).  I have all three of
these already but have to use tab, then M-tab, then C-c tab.  Does
anyone have a setup similar to this?

Again, thanks for everyone's help thus far.

--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/

* Re: BBDB completion keystroke
       [not found]   ` <j70el2sjeqc.fsf@dufair.org>
@ 2003-05-21 20:13     ` Vasily Korytov
       [not found]     ` <8aznlgourc.fsf@sm.intel.com>
From: Vasily Korytov @ 2003-05-21 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 14:12:43 -0500, Jason Dufair wrote:

> I guess I meant to ask how to make tab be the BBDB completion keystroke
> for the header area of message mode, i.e. the To: Cc: Bcc: fields.  I've
> read thru some of the BBDB documentation but don't quite know even how
> to find what I'm looking for.  I'm just a Gnus (l)user in this regard.

I guess, you've read the docs too badly. Does the following do what you need?

(setq bbdb-completion-type 'primary-or-name)
(require 'bbdb)
(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)

--
       I accept RFC3156 and RFC2440-compatible encrypted mail.
PGP key fingerprint: 123A 7CCE 6E26 6233 0D87 E01A A0F8 3524 FCD8 1841