* XU : 0 documents saved
@ 2003-05-28 16:36 Robert Lopez
       [not found] ` <m3d6hvnst6.fsf@defun.localdomain>
From: Robert Lopez @ 2003-05-28 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

wrt: oort gnus 5.10; Xemacs 21.4; Windows XP Home

I can not get any XU command to actually save.  I # mark a few files,
and type XU. The system downloads the files. I am not certain if they
are decoded at that point. At the end the minibuffer will always
say "0 documents saved".  AT that point I can select any of the
articles, now marked R, and I can select the MIME button and do a
display internally (it may be decoding then, I do not know) or I
can save.  How can I get the save to work without having to go
through each of the individual articles and manually do it? Thanks.

* Re: XU : 0 documents saved
       [not found] ` <m3d6hvnst6.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2003-06-03 18:15   ` Robert Lopez
From: Robert Lopez @ 2003-06-03 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Robert Lopez <lopez@abq.sc.philips.com> writes:
>
> > I can not get any XU command to actually save.  I # mark a few
> > files, and type XU. The system downloads the files. I am not certain
> > if they are decoded at that point. At the end the minibuffer will
> > always say "0 documents saved".  AT that point I can select any of
> > the articles, now marked R, and I can select the MIME button and do
> > a display internally (it may be decoding then, I do not know) or I
> > can save.  How can I get the save to work without having to go
> > through each of the individual articles and manually do it?
>
> I think the problem is that `X U' doesn't do what you expect it to.
>
> `X U' is used for combining and decoding a series of uuencoded
> multi-part binaries -- this is stuff that you only see in
> alt.binaries.* (and similar groups) nowadays.
>
> I think `X m' (gnus-summary-save-parts) is what you want.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.