* no feeds found
@ 2013-01-13 11:06 Gour
From: Gour @ 2013-01-13 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

migrating my setup from Claws to Gnus, but have problem with (some)
feeds, eg.:

Contacting host: blog.xfce.org:80
nnrss: http://blog.xfce.org/feed/: Not valid XML (end-of-buffer) and
w3-parse doesn't work (void-function w3-parse-buffer) XML-RPC is not
available... not checking Syndic8. gnus-group-make-rss-group: No feeds
found for http://blog.xfce.org/feed/

Any idea what might be wrong?

I'm using GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
of 2012-09-08 on trouble, modified by Debian (wheezy).

Newsticker also has its share of problems, so don't know what to do...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities,
one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without

* Re: no feeds found
@ 2013-01-13 12:37 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-01-13 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:06:19 +0100, Gour wrote:

> Contacting host: blog.xfce.org:80
> nnrss: http://blog.xfce.org/feed/: Not valid XML (end-of-buffer) and
> w3-parse doesn't work (void-function w3-parse-buffer) XML-RPC is not
> available... not checking Syndic8. gnus-group-make-rss-group: No feeds
> found for http://blog.xfce.org/feed/

> Any idea what might be wrong?

As the error messages say: The feed is invalid.

feedvalidator.org is useful for making these kinds of problems clearer:

 * http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.xfce.org%2Ffeed%2F

(I like to use gwene.org for my RSS/Atom needs, but that doesn't
necessarily alleviate the problem of invalid feeds.)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Yeah, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to go ahead and give        Adam Sjøgren
  this a 9.7 on the "whatever" scale."                   asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: no feeds found
@ 2013-01-13 13:07   ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2013-01-13 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 13:37:11 +0100
asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

> As the error messages say: The feed is invalid.

Strange. it works normally with claws' rss plugin. It looks that Gnus
is a bit picky here. :-)

> feedvalidator.org is useful for making these kinds of problems
> clearer:

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And
whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.