* How to automatically display HTML in gwene. groups?
@ 2010-08-10 11:36 Dan Poirier
From: Dan Poirier @ 2010-08-10 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I love the new gwene groups on news.gmane.org that gateway RSS feeds,
but for me, every article displays as a [text/html]... button that I
have to click before I can read it.  I'd like the html in those groups
to just display when I open the article.

I know how to get code to run when I select a gwene group, but I've read
the help and played with a bunch of mm- variables and still haven't
managed to get my gwene html to display.

I'd appreciate a pointer to the variable or hook or whatever controls
this.

Thanks.

* Re: How to automatically display HTML in gwene. groups?
@ 2010-08-10 12:48 ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2010-08-10 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dan Poirier writes:
> I love the new gwene groups on news.gmane.org that gateway RSS feeds,
> but for me, every article displays as a [text/html]... button that I
> have to click before I can read it.  I'd like the html in those groups
> to just display when I open the article.

Try

 (mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)
 (mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp nil)

in the group parameters. Note that this will need emacs-w3m, and it will
retrieve every image whatsoever, so it might be used for tracking. See
the doc-string of the latter variable.

-David

* Re: How to automatically display HTML in gwene. groups?
@ 2010-08-10 13:37   ` Dan Poirier
From: Dan Poirier @ 2010-08-10 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2010-08-10 at 08:48, David Engster <deng@randomsample.de> wrote:

> Dan Poirier writes:
>> I love the new gwene groups on news.gmane.org that gateway RSS feeds,
>> but for me, every article displays as a [text/html]... button that I
>> have to click before I can read it.  I'd like the html in those groups
>> to just display when I open the article.
>
> Try
>
>  (mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)
>  (mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp nil)
>
> in the group parameters. Note that this will need emacs-w3m, and it will
> retrieve every image whatsoever, so it might be used for tracking. See
> the doc-string of the latter variable.

Those variables appear to be concerned with whether images are displayed
when an article's HTML is displayed, not whether the HTML is displayed
upon opening the article.  Or am I missing some connection?

* Re: How to automatically display HTML in gwene. groups?
@ 2010-08-10 14:04     ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2010-08-10 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dan Poirier writes:
> On 2010-08-10 at 08:48, David Engster <deng@randomsample.de> wrote:
>
>> Dan Poirier writes:
>>> I love the new gwene groups on news.gmane.org that gateway RSS feeds,
>>> but for me, every article displays as a [text/html]... button that I
>>> have to click before I can read it.  I'd like the html in those groups
>>> to just display when I open the article.
>>
>> Try
>>
>>  (mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)
>>  (mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp nil)
>>
>> in the group parameters. Note that this will need emacs-w3m, and it will
>> retrieve every image whatsoever, so it might be used for tracking. See
>> the doc-string of the latter variable.
>
> Those variables appear to be concerned with whether images are displayed
> when an article's HTML is displayed, not whether the HTML is displayed
> upon opening the article.  Or am I missing some connection?

Uhm, yes. Sorry, I should have read your posting more carefully.

Do you have the same issue with pure HTML mails?

Make sure that text/html is in mm-automatic-display (it is by
default). What are you using for mm-text-html-renderer? I'm using w3m.

I see in gwene groups that they have a malformed Content-Type of the
form

but they still display correctly for me.

-David

* Re: How to automatically display HTML in gwene. groups?
@ 2010-08-10 21:24       ` Dan Poirier
From: Dan Poirier @ 2010-08-10 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2010-08-10 at 10:04, David Engster <deng@randomsample.de> wrote:

> Dan Poirier writes:

> Make sure that text/html is in mm-automatic-display (it is by
> default). What are you using for mm-text-html-renderer? I'm using w3m.
>
> I see in gwene groups that they have a malformed Content-Type of the
> form

> but they still display correctly for me.

After commenting out a bunch of other settings I had, now my gwene
articles are displaying immediately.  They're not pretty, but that's
another issue.

Thanks.
Dan

* Re: How to automatically display HTML in gwene. groups?
@ 2010-12-16  9:25         ` Billy O'Connor
From: Billy O'Connor @ 2010-12-16  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dan Poirier <poirier <at> pobox.com> writes:

> After commenting out a bunch of other settings I had, now my gwene
> articles are displaying immediately.  They're not pretty, but that's
> another issue.

Could you post the offending settings, I'm having the same problem.
Thanks.