* Re: Show Raw Article
       [not found] <m3elgyq77o.fsf@float.attbi.com>
@ 2002-04-30  8:07 ` Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2002-04-30  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

kbk@shore.net (Kurt B. Kaiser) writes:

> Um, how do I show the raw text of an article with all headers which
> were in the _body_ of the article?  (This has to do with sending headers
> to an abuse address)

C-u g shows the raw article.

`t' shows all the headers, but not  in the body, but with C-o to shows
the structure of the message,  select the forwarded message, and then,
`t', it works.

> I sent an article to myself using S o m, it looked nice with all
> headers in the body but when I received it they were "gone".

Be  carefull  to  the  fact   that  this  removes  some  headers  (see
message-forward-ignored-headers)

--
Matthieu

* Re: Show Raw Article
@ 2002-04-30 13:41   ` Kurt B. Kaiser
       [not found]     ` <yobofg1p949.fsf@panix1.panix.com>
From: Kurt B. Kaiser @ 2002-04-30 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthieu Moy <MatthieuNOSPAM.Moy@imag.fr.invalid> writes:

> kbk@shore.net (Kurt B. Kaiser) writes:
>
> > Um, how do I show the raw text of an article with all headers which
> > were in the _body_ of the article?  (This has to do with sending headers
> > to an abuse address)
>
> C-u g shows the raw article.

Thanks to you and ireneo.funes!  That is exactly what I was looking for.

I guess I didn't expect to find the docs for this in the "Scrolling
the Article (Paging the Article)" node, and hidden as a prefix switch.
The "Choosing Articles" node might be more appropriate.  There are a
couple of other neat things in the Scrolling node, like the s and h
commands, which save a couple of keystrokes ;)

> `t' shows all the headers, but not in the body, but with C-o to
> shows the structure of the message,

C-o ?

> select the forwarded message, and then, `t', it works.
>
> > I sent an article to myself using S o m, it looked nice with all
> > headers in the body but when I received it they were "gone".
>
> Be  carefull  to  the  fact   that  this  removes  some  headers  (see
> message-forward-ignored-headers)

Yes.  I guess the default ignored ones aren't too important.

Regards, KBK

* Re: Show Raw Article
       [not found]       ` <vpqwuup448b.fsf@montrose.imag.fr>
@ 2002-04-30 15:32         ` BreadWithSpam
       [not found]           ` <lylmb5vywm.fsf@gfn.org>
From: BreadWithSpam @ 2002-04-30 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthieu Moy <MatthieuNOSPAM.Moy@imag.fr.invalid> writes:

> > Damn.  I'd been looking for that command for a _long_ time.
>
> I had also, but, look carefully in the article menu (yes, I know, this
> require using mouse ...) ;-)

Mouse?  What's a mouse?

[emacs/gnus via ssh in a plaintext terminal window, thanks...]

Danged rodents!

--
Plain Bread alone for e-mail, thanks.  The rest gets trashed.
No MIME in E-Mail! --    http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

* Re: Show Raw Article
       [not found]             ` <vafu1prvv6k.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-05-02 18:50               ` Scott Gifford
       [not found]                 ` <lmb2wepc.fsf@random.localnet.UnwiredUniverse.com>
       [not found]                 ` <vafelgtjy9w.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Scott Gifford @ 2002-05-02 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Scott Gifford <sgifford@suspectclass.com> writes:
>
> > Hit M-~ to look at the menus, then.
>
> ITYM M-` instead of M-~.

I do, sorry.

I should have said what I actually do:

  "Hit the key in the upper-left corner of your keyboard, then move
   your finger about an inch down and a half-inch to the left, and hit
   that key, without actually looking at the symbol that's on it."

:-)

-----ScottG.

* Re: Show Raw Article
       [not found]                 ` <lmb2wepc.fsf@random.localnet.UnwiredUniverse.com>
@ 2002-05-03  7:49                   ` those who know me have no need of my name
From: those who know me have no need of my name @ 2002-05-03  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

<lmb2wepc.fsf@random.localnet.UnwiredUniverse.com> divulged:

>What function does this actually map to?  M-` is unbound for me...???

in emacs it's bound to tmm-menubar, as is f10.  xemacs doesn't provide the
underlying functionality.  i use tmenu.

* Re: Show Raw Article
       [not found]                 ` <vafelgtjy9w.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-05-03 19:04                   ` Scott Gifford
From: Scott Gifford @ 2002-05-03 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Scott Gifford <sgifford@suspectclass.com> writes:
>
> >   "Hit the key in the upper-left corner of your keyboard, then move
> >    your finger about an inch down and a half-inch to the left, and hit
> >    that key, without actually looking at the symbol that's on it."
>
> You move to the upper left corner, then move to the left from there?
> So you have two keyboards on your desk?

hehehe...It's like this:

    ESC  F1 F2 F3 ...
 ~`   1  2  3  4 ...

(although I do have two keyboards on my desk...)

----ScottG.