On Thu, Oct 18 2007, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote: >>>>>> Austin Frank wrote: > >> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) >> string-match(nil "\"John Q. Public\" ") >> nnmail-fancy-expiry-target("mail.academic") > > You may possibly be the first person who tried using `to-from' > and `nnmail-fancy-expiry-target' ever since it was introduced in > December, 2001. IIUC, this is a bug that arises in the case > where `message-dont-reply-to-names' is nil, though it is likely > to default to nil in most Gnus users. Could you try this patch? Katsumi-- Thanks for the patch. I no longer get the error when trying to exit a group. This is a great improvement over the previous situation. I'm still having problems with expiry, but will detail those in a new thread now that this bug seems to be resolved. Thanks, /au -- Austin Frank http://aufrank.net GPG Public Key (D7398C2F): http://aufrank.net/personal.asc