* expiration problems
@ 2007-10-18 22:53 Austin Frank
From: Austin Frank @ 2007-10-18 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello again!

I'm still working on getting mail from my local imap server to be
archived automatically using the expiration process.  I hope to get some
help on a few questions.

I have the auto-expire property of one of my groups set to t.  I enter
the group, go to an old message, and hit E.  I expect that when I hit B
e, or when I exit the group, the article marked as expirable should be
processed according to the settings in nnmail-fancy-expiry-targets.
Instead, when I hit B e nothing happens.  When I exit and re-enter the
group, the message is still there, and is still listed as expirable
(shows the E flag).  What do I need to do to get the expirable messages
to actually expire and be processed according to
nnmail-fancy-expiry-targets?

While trying to figure out how to force the expiration process to run, I
found the command gnus-summary-expire-articles-now.  When I run that
command in a buffer that has auto-expire enabled, I am asked if I really
want to delete the articles marked for expiration forever.  I don't
really want to delete them forever, but I do really want to run the
expiration process on them so that they'll be archived according to the
fancy expiry targets.  I marked a single message for expiration, ran
gnus-summary-expire-articles-now, and answered "yes".  The article
appears to have been deleted forever (as I was warned).  It was not
processed by nnmail-fancy-expiry-targets.  Should it have been?

Thanks for any help,
/au

--
Austin Frank