* Sorting me to the top
@ 2006-10-18  3:42 Sam Peterson
       [not found] ` <mailman.39.1161152423.2130.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Sam Peterson @ 2006-10-18  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, this is my first post here.  I've dabbled with Gnus in the past
and now that I have a class where a newsgroup is used frequently on a
remote Unix host that I ssh into, I've been using it quite a bit :).

My question is, is there a way to sort all threads which I respond to
to the top of the summary?  I have this in my .gnus file:

;; Fetch old headers in threads with new messages.
(setq gnus-fetch-old-headers t)

;; Track and score my messages and threads
(add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'gnus-score-followup-thread)
(add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'gnus-score-followup-article)

;; Sort ascending and by score
(setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '((not gnus-thread-sort-by-number)
                                   gnus-thread-sort-by-score))

It kind of does what I want.  What I would like, however, is for any
thread that contains a response from me, to be at the top of the
summary.  This seems to only put threads that I start at the top of
the summary.  I would like all the threads that I do anything to, to
be at the top.

Also, is there a limiting command that will limit to threads
containing a response from me as well as include the rest of the
articles in each thread?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sam Peterson
skpeterson At nospam ucdavis.edu

* Re: Sorting me to the top
@ 2006-10-18  6:18 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found] ` <mailman.39.1161152423.2130.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2006-10-18  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sam Peterson <skpeterson@nospam.please.ucdavis.edu> writes:

Hi Sam,

> ;; Sort ascending and by score
> (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '((not gnus-thread-sort-by-number)
>                                    gnus-thread-sort-by-score))

Read the docs more carefully. ;-)

,----[ C-h f gnus-thread-sort-by-score RET ]
| gnus-thread-sort-by-score is a compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
| (gnus-thread-sort-by-score H1 H2)
|
| Sort threads by root article score.
|                 ^^^^
`----

I think you want:

,----[ C-h f gnus-thread-sort-by-total-score RET ]
| gnus-thread-sort-by-total-score is a compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
| (gnus-thread-sort-by-total-score H1 H2)
|
| Sort threads by the sum of all scores in the thread.
| Unscored articles will be counted as having a score of zero.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
          "Emacs is not a development tool but a way of life."
                - David Kastrup in alt.religion.emacs -

* Re: Sorting me to the top
       [not found] ` <mailman.39.1161152423.2130.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2006-10-18 11:50   ` Sam Peterson
From: Sam Peterson @ 2006-10-18 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tassilo Horn <heimdall@uni-koblenz.de> on Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:18:52
+0200 didst step forth and proclaim thus:

> Read the docs more carefully. ;-)

Duly noted.

> ,----[ C-h f gnus-thread-sort-by-total-score RET ]
> | gnus-thread-sort-by-total-score is a compiled Lisp function in
> | `gnus-sum.el'.  (gnus-thread-sort-by-total-score H1 H2)
> |
> | Sort threads by the sum of all scores in the thread.
> | Unscored articles will be counted as having a score of zero.
> `----

Yes that is exactly what I want!  Thank you very much.