* How do I change where drafts are stored?
@ 2008-03-04  3:53 Aaron Hsu
       [not found] ` <mailman.8268.1204610062.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Aaron Hsu @ 2008-03-04  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello all,

I am having a bit of trouble cleaning up my home directory. Gnus is
still creating a Mail folder where it contains empty folders `archives'
and `drafts.' Now, when I create new drafts, the drafts are stored where
I want them to be stored, under the right directories in
gnu-home-directory, but I don't want this extra folder to keep
spawning. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I think the archives bit comes about because I have
gnus-archive-message-group set to an nnimap folder, but I have not
changed anything else, so it creates this directory. However, I don't
understand how I would change this. What do I need to do to get the
drafts folder put in the right place, and to make sure that the archives
are sent to the imap server without the creation of these extra folders?

Thanks!

- Aaron Hsu
--
<arcfide@sacrideo.us>

* Re: How do I change where drafts are stored?
@ 2008-03-04  5:53 ` William Xu
       [not found] ` <mailman.8268.1204610062.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: William Xu @ 2008-03-04  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Aaron Hsu <arcfide@mac.com> writes:

> I am having a bit of trouble cleaning up my home directory. Gnus is
> still creating a Mail folder where it contains empty folders `archives'
> and `drafts.'

I had never been able to remove that Mail directory completely for a
long time.  In the end, I give up, leaving default directory settings as
they are...

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

@ 2008-03-04  7:53   ` Aaron Hsu
From: Aaron Hsu @ 2008-03-04  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> writes:

> Aaron Hsu <arcfide@mac.com> writes:
>
>> I am having a bit of trouble cleaning up my home directory. Gnus is
>> still creating a Mail folder where it contains empty folders `archives'
>> and `drafts.'
>
> I had never been able to remove that Mail directory completely for a
> long time.  In the end, I give up, leaving default directory settings as
> they are...

I think then, that maybe this should be considered a bug and filed as
one.

--
Aaron Hsu <arcfide@sacrideo.us> | Jabber: arcfide@jabber.org
``Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to

* Re: How do I change where drafts are stored?
@ 2008-03-04 18:06     ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-03-04 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Aaron Hsu <arcfide@mac.com> writes:

> William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Aaron Hsu <arcfide@mac.com> writes:
>>
>>> I am having a bit of trouble cleaning up my home directory. Gnus is
>>> still creating a Mail folder where it contains empty folders `archives'
>>> and `drafts.'
>>
>> I had never been able to remove that Mail directory completely for a
>> long time.  In the end, I give up, leaving default directory settings as
>> they are...
>
> I think then, that maybe this should be considered a bug and filed as
> one.

What is your setting for message-auto-save-directory ?

I have no reference to that anywhere and it comes up as
~/.emacs.d/Mail/drafts.

I have no ~/Mail either.

* Re: How do I change where drafts are stored?
@ 2008-03-04 22:16       ` anhnmncb
From: anhnmncb @ 2008-03-04 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> What is your setting for message-auto-save-directory ?
>
> I have no reference to that anywhere and it comes up as
> ~/.emacs.d/Mail/drafts.
>
> I have no ~/Mail either.

Ah, good hint! Now I know why ~/Mail always reappears everytime I compose
a message!
--
Regards,

  anhnmncb
 gpg key: 44A31344

* Re: How do I change where drafts are stored?
@ 2008-03-05  0:59       ` Aaron Hsu
From: Aaron Hsu @ 2008-03-05  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

>> William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I had never been able to remove that Mail directory completely for a
>>> long time.  In the end, I give up, leaving default directory settings as
>>> they are...
>
> What is your setting for message-auto-save-directory ?

Aha! That is the problem! Now, the drafts folder is no longer created,
but the folder archive is still created. I think this has something to
do with my archiving of sent messages. I have set the group to save to,
but I haven't changed the main setting, which, I read in the manual, is
set to a local folder like ~/Mail/archive. If I am using an IMAP folder
to save my sent messages, what should I use in place of all that stuff?

[I am so glad to have this fixed. Hah!]