* Re: message part must be split to 2 parts
       [not found]   ` <3CBFFB65.3060800@mail.suomi.net>
@ 2002-04-19 12:24     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-19 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juha Siltala <juha.siltala@mail.suomi.net> writes:

> No such functions when I try to get emacs to describe them. Or perhaps
> there's just no help for them? Darn. This is getting me into trouble
> on groups with vigorous netiquette police forces. Doing Mozilla now :(

Hm, err.  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode is available in ucs-tables.el
which I think is not in Emacs 21.1 or 21.2.  But Dave Love has posted
it to gnu.emacs.sources, or you can go to http://savannah.gnu.org and
use the CVS Web interface to fetch the file in question.

But maybe it is enough to use Oort without ucs-tables?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: message part must be split to 2 parts
@ 2002-04-20 22:59       ` Juha Siltala
From: Juha Siltala @ 2002-04-20 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Juha Siltala <juha.siltala@mail.suomi.net> writes:
>
> > No such functions when I try to get emacs to describe them. Or perhaps
> > there's just no help for them? Darn. This is getting me into trouble
> > on groups with vigorous netiquette police forces. Doing Mozilla now :(
>
> Hm, err.  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode is available in ucs-tables.el
> which I think is not in Emacs 21.1 or 21.2.  But Dave Love has posted
> it to gnu.emacs.sources, or you can go to http://savannah.gnu.org and
> use the CVS Web interface to fetch the file in question.
>
> But maybe it is enough to use Oort without ucs-tables?

Now, I didn't get the chance to check out Oort after all. I had XEmacs
21.4 right here on my distribution CD's so decided to give it a go. I
still have my fingers permanently crossed, but so far gnus on this one
doesn't seem to insist on splitting multi-charset messages.

Thanks for your help. In fact, I find XEmacs in general pretty OK
nowadays. Perhaps I'll check out gtk-xemacs next to get emacs in line with
my IRIX Enlightenment and GTK themes ;)

--
Juha Siltala