* Don't check for new mails for certain group
@ 2006-07-15 15:46 Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-07-15 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Now I have gnus as my mail and news reader. I have two imap email
boxes. One is really slow and it hurts when gnus starts up. How can I
tell gnus not to check for new mails just for this group?

Thanks for your help.

--
Leon

* Re: Don't check for new mails for certain group
@ 2006-07-19 20:55   ` User C5766
From: User C5766 @ 2006-07-19 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

test

* Re: Don't check for new mails for certain group
@ 2006-07-18 16:14   ` Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-07-18 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lowell Gilbert <lgusenet@be-well.ilk.org> writes:

> Leon <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Now I have gnus as my mail and news reader. I have two imap email
>> boxes. One is really slow and it hurts when gnus starts up. How can I
>> tell gnus not to check for new mails just for this group?
>
> Set a lower-priority "level" on the group, and start gnus specifying
> the levels you want to retrieve.  See the "Group Levels" node of the
> manual.

I wonder why didn't I think of that!

Thanks.

--