* top & bottom posting
@ 2002-12-16  8:19 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2002-12-16  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

How do I top post when I do replies?  Please dont flame for this, for
most people where I work, they completely ignore the bottom posting
style thus messing up the mail thread.  When I hit R , the signature
appears appears at the bottom & the cursor is at the line below "Some
person" <someperson@doofusemail.com> writes:
I'd like it to be that the cursor is at the first line in the body
with the signature below it.  Of course, if it can be made to choose
the style based on the  addresses I'm replying to i.e specific
emails,mailing lists that would be a treat!

It's not working, trying to get some of co workers understand why I
bottom post hence this post.  I've pointed to all the netiquette urls
and still the mixed style replies!

from-forced-against-my-will dept
Sivaram