On 2014-07-22 19:51, John Hasler writes: > Alan Schmitt writes: >> Is there a way to tell gnus to keep local copies of newsgroup threads >> to which I've contributed? Ideally I would like to have them to be >> archived in some local folder alongside my mail. > > Why not just install Leafnode? Thank you for the suggestion. Leafnode seems to be a little heavyweight. It seems that what I want is based on 'gnus-summary-copy-article' and tweaking 'gnus-move-split-methods' to have nice suggestions where to put the article. It won't be automatic, but I guess it's a start. Best, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7