* running one gnus in offline and periodically fetch mail with agent
@ 2009-04-02 22:01 Alexander Kotelnikov
From: Alexander Kotelnikov @ 2009-04-02 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Yet another question.

Does anyone use such practice, is there any problems (say, can you
really run two gnuses concurrently?). Once upon a time I used

(defun gnus-agent-batch-cycle()
  "Periodically retrieve/send mail and news"
  (let ((i 0)
	(delay 90)
	)
    (while t
      (setq i (+ i 1))
      (gnus-agent-batch)
      (if (= i 1) (gnus-demon-cancel))
      (message
       "gnus-agent-batch-cycle (%d) sleeping for %d seconds at %s"
       i delay (current-time-string))
      (sleep-for delay)
      )
    )
  )

and I remember, I had certain problem.

* Re: running one gnus in offline and periodically fetch mail with agent
@ 2009-04-03  5:51 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2009-04-03  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Alexander Kotelnikov <sacha@myxomop.com> writes:

Hi Alexander,

is this what you want?

,----[ (info "(gnus)Batching Agents") ]
| Having the Gnus Agent fetch articles (and post whatever messages you've
| written) is quite easy once you've gotten things set up properly.  The
| following shell script will do everything that is necessary:
|
|    You can run a complete batch command from the command line with the
| following incantation:
|
|      #!/bin/sh
|      emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs -l ~/.gnus.el -f gnus-agent-batch >/dev/null 2>&1
`----

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: running one gnus in offline and periodically fetch mail with agent
@ 2009-04-04  1:42   ` Alexander Kotelnikov
From: Alexander Kotelnikov @ 2009-04-04  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

TH> Alexander Kotelnikov <sacha@myxomop.com> writes:
TH> Hi Alexander,
TH>
TH> is this what you want?

Not exactly. The question is "does it works". And agent still does not
work reliably. Even when you do not use same agent files from two
different gnuses (interactive and batch).