* Not expanding the first thread when entering a group
@ 2012-07-03 20:12 John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2012-07-03 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I have threaded on, but I like threads to start out collapsed in my summary
buffer.  However, whenever I enter a group, it always expands the very first
thread -- the one point is on.  I find myself often hitting "T H" to
re-collapse this.

I've searched, but not found any configuration option to control this.  Is
there something that will keep all threads collapsed until I actually start
reading?

Thanks,
  John

* Re: Not expanding the first thread when entering a group
       [not found] <mailman.3989.1341365409.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2012-07-04  6:46 ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2012-07-04  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* "John Wiegley" <johnw@newartisans.com> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> I have threaded on, but I like threads to start out collapsed in my
> summary buffer. However, whenever I enter a group, it always expands
> the very first thread -- the one point is on. I find myself often
> hitting "T H" to re-collapse this.

> I've searched, but not found any configuration option to control this.
> Is there something that will keep all threads collapsed until
> I actually start reading?

- Do not enter the group with SPC, but with RET instead.

- Or use this setting :

  (setq gnus-auto-select-first nil)

--
DW