* read gnus email by requesting 'message number' (article number)
@ 2012-09-24 12:44 Gijs Hillenius
       [not found] ` <87lifzbn7u.fsf@hillenius.net>
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2012-09-24 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Is there a way to ask gnus to open an email in INBOX.misc by article
number?

For instance I want to get INBOX/misc/1234.

* Re: read gnus email by requesting 'message number' (article number)
       [not found] ` <87lifzbn7u.fsf@hillenius.net>
@ 2012-09-25  4:38   ` Ivan Shmakov
From: Ivan Shmakov @ 2012-09-25  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

 >> Is there a way to ask gnus to open an email in INBOX.misc by article
 >> number?

 >> For instance I want to get INBOX/misc/1234.

 > G j

	Or j.  It allows one to fetch an article by Message-Id:, too.

--
FSF associate member #7257

* Re: read gnus email by requesting 'message number' (article number)
@ 2012-09-25  6:34     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-09-25  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Shmakov; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Ivan Shmakov <oneingray@gmail.com> writes:

>  >> Is there a way to ask gnus to open an email in INBOX.misc by article
>  >> number?
>
>  >> For instance I want to get INBOX/misc/1234.
>
>  > G j
>
> 	Or j.  It allows one to fetch an article by Message-Id:, too.

Is it possible to use it to search for a message by Message-Id in any
mailbox? (Since switching to Emacs 24.2 I cannot get nnregistry to work
again, so all the links I create to messages are broken as soon as I
move the messages.)

Thanks,

Alan