* Annoying behaviour when deleting a whole thread
@ 2009-01-28  8:26 fmoreau
       [not found] ` <mailman.6185.1233249912.26697.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: fmoreau @ 2009-01-28  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

Sometime I want to delete all articles in a thread in one shot.

To do that, I process mark the thread (T #) and then I process
a delete command on all process marked articles: (M-& B <del>).

This works except gnus asks me for _each_ article in the thread
if I really want to delete it... This is quite annoying if the thread
has
30 articles for example.

Is there any way to tell gnus to ask me only one time if I'm really
sure ?

BTW, if I process mark all thread articles by using # on each article
it works as I expect.

Thanks

* Re: Annoying behaviour when deleting a whole thread
@ 2009-01-29 16:46 ` Kanru Chen
       [not found] ` <mailman.6185.1233249912.26697.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Kanru Chen @ 2009-01-29 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Jan 28 2009, fmoreau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sometime I want to delete all articles in a thread in one shot.
>
> To do that, I process mark the thread (T #) and then I process
> a delete command on all process marked articles: (M-& B <del>).

(B <del>) will delete all marked articles.

> This works except gnus asks me for _each_ article in the thread
> if I really want to delete it... This is quite annoying if the thread
> has
> 30 articles for example.

(M-& B <del>) will apply (B <del>) on all marked articles, that's why
gnus asks you for each article.

> Is there any way to tell gnus to ask me only one time if I'm really
> sure ?
>
> BTW, if I process mark all thread articles by using # on each article
> it works as I expect.
>
> Thanks

Cheers,
    Kanru

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 196 bytes --]

@ 2009-01-29 20:25   ` Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2009-01-29 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Kanru Chen <koster@debian.org.tw> writes:

> (B <del>) will delete all marked articles.

True...

> (M-& B <del>) will apply (B <del>) on all marked articles, that's why
> gnus asks you for each article.

I see.

Actually, I decided to always use M-& because whatever the next
command, it's executed for all marked articles.

However if I don't use the M-& prefix, then some commands will be
apply for all marked articles and others just ignore the process marks
and is applyied only on the current article. This is really confusing
and it's one more thing you have to learn because it's not logical...

Thus my initial choice.

Thanks
--
Francis