* Mail source error
@ 2002-09-23  8:43 Wu XiaoGuang
From: Wu XiaoGuang @ 2002-09-23  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, all:
  I'm quite puzzled.
  Before this morning, gnus could get mail from yahoo! correctly.
  But now it says:

Retrieving message 1 of 9 from pop.mail.yahoo.com...
Mail source error ((wrong-type-argument stringp nil)).  Continue? (yes or no)

  Here is part of my "~/.gnus":
(setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.mail.yahoo.com"
                          :user "username"
                          :password "secret")))

  Thank you.

* Re: Mail source error
@ 2008-04-28 22:05 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-04-28 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Mon, Apr 28 2008, Cezar Halmagean wrote:

> Mail source (maildir :path /home/cezar/.maildir) error (user).
> Continue? (yes or no)
>
> and if I respond with 'yes' I get :
>
> Mail source (file :path /var/mail/cezar) error (user).  Continue? (yes
> or no)
>
> Any idea why ?

When using a bleeding edge version, please report bugs on the
development lists.

See <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66889/>.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Mail source error
@ 2008-04-28 18:30 Cezar Halmagean
From: Cezar Halmagean @ 2008-04-28 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I get this error message when starting gnus:

Mail source (maildir :path /home/cezar/.maildir) error (user).
Continue? (yes or no)

and if I respond with 'yes' I get :

Mail source (file :path /var/mail/cezar) error (user).  Continue? (yes
or no)

Any idea why ? I've just copied my setup from another box with all my
settings.

Regards,
Cezar