* Can I choose names for nnmaildir groups?
@ 2010-10-29  2:03 Sean McAfee
From: Sean McAfee @ 2010-10-29  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I use nnmaildir as my primary backend:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnmaildir "mail" (directory "/home/smcafee/.nnmaildir"))))

Within that directory, procmail divides my incoming mail into various
subdirectories.  In Gnus's group view, the groups representing those
subdirectories all have a common, longish prefix "nnmaildir+mail:".
That's a little cluttered, and I'd prefer to be able to name them
eg. "mail.list-1", "mail.list-2", etc.

Is this possible?  Extensive Googling and experimenting haven't turned
up any working solutions.

* Re: Can I choose names for nnmaildir groups?
@ 2010-10-29  8:04 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-10-29  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sean McAfee <eefacm@gmail.com> writes:

> I use nnmaildir as my primary backend:
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnmaildir "mail" (directory "/home/smcafee/.nnmaildir"))))
>
> Within that directory, procmail divides my incoming mail into various
> subdirectories.  In Gnus's group view, the groups representing those
> subdirectories all have a common, longish prefix "nnmaildir+mail:".
> That's a little cluttered, and I'd prefer to be able to name them
> eg. "mail.list-1", "mail.list-2", etc.
>
> Is this possible?  Extensive Googling and experimenting haven't turned
> up any working solutions.

Hi Sean,

You need to modify  gnus-group-line-format. My format line is

"%M%S%p%P%-12uy%(%-60ug%)\n"

I'm pretty sure that the "g" is what you want. That said %c looks
promising too ...

regards

r.

--
☘ http://www.shamrockirishbar.com, http://splash-of-open-sauce.blogspot.com/ http://www.richardriley.net

* Re: Can I choose names for nnmaildir groups?
@ 2010-10-30 19:45   ` Sean McAfee
From: Sean McAfee @ 2010-10-30 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
> You need to modify  gnus-group-line-format. My format line is
>
> "%M%S%p%P%-12uy%(%-60ug%)\n"
>
> I'm pretty sure that the "g" is what you want. That said %c looks
> promising too ...

Yeah, it looks like %c does the job nicely, although it did take me a
little while to discover how to set a comment for an individual group:
"G c" in Summary mode.  Thanks!