* gnus server and network problem
@ 2006-07-21 21:04 Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-07-21 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I just met this annoying problem. I brought my laptop to use a guest
wireless network which blocked news.gmane.org, my news server. So the
server went offline.

Later when I come back to my home and use my usual network, I won't be
able to use news.gmane.org in the same emacs. Gnus will always show
that it can't connect to server.

Finally I have to restart emacs to post this message in gnus.

Since I will be moving around quite often, I'd appreciate if you know
a fix to this issue.

Thank you.
--
Leon

* Re: gnus server and network problem
@ 2006-07-21 21:18 ` Jim Ottaway
From: Jim Ottaway @ 2006-07-21 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi there,
> I just met this annoying problem. I brought my laptop to use a guest
> wireless network which blocked news.gmane.org, my news server. So the
> server went offline.

> Later when I come back to my home and use my usual network, I won't be
> able to use news.gmane.org in the same emacs. Gnus will always show
> that it can't connect to server.

> Finally I have to restart emacs to post this message in gnus.

> Since I will be moving around quite often, I'd appreciate if you know
> a fix to this issue.

In the groups buffer type ^ to get to the server buffer, put point
on the news.gmane.org line type O [gnus-server-open-server], then q to
quit the server buffer.

Regards,
--
Jim Ottaway

* Re: gnus server and network problem
@ 2006-07-21 21:27   ` Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-07-21 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jim Ottaway <j.ottaway@lse.ac.uk> writes:

>> Hi there,
>> I just met this annoying problem. I brought my laptop to use a guest
>> wireless network which blocked news.gmane.org, my news server. So the
>> server went offline.
>
>> Later when I come back to my home and use my usual network, I won't be
>> able to use news.gmane.org in the same emacs. Gnus will always show
>> that it can't connect to server.
>
>> Finally I have to restart emacs to post this message in gnus.
>
>> Since I will be moving around quite often, I'd appreciate if you know
>> a fix to this issue.
>
> In the groups buffer type ^ to get to the server buffer, put point
> on the news.gmane.org line type O [gnus-server-open-server], then q to
> quit the server buffer.
>
> Regards,

I have tried everything from the menu in the server buffer, none of
them worked.

--
Leon