* Re: bad headers message mac os 10.2.3
       [not found] <b0uj2d$tletf$1@ID-178733.news.dfncis.de>
@ 2003-01-27  7:37 ` Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren
From: Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren @ 2003-01-27  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

[John Littler]

| I've got gnus receiving mail and news but if I try to post (I'm using
| newsflash for this) I get a message complaining about bad message
| headers.  The system headers must be ok for this post to work ... any
| ideas?

you need to assign sensible values to a few variables.  the following is
the most minimal setup that works for me on the most recent versions of
Gnus and MacOS X:

(setq
 mail-host-address "tag.uio.no"
 user-full-name "Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren"
 user-mail-address "roffe@tag.uio.no"
)

--
Rolf Lindgren                                            http://www.roffe.com/
roffe@tag.uio.no

@ 2003-01-27 11:34 ` John Littler
From: John Littler @ 2003-01-27 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <b0uj2d$tletf$1@ID-178733.news.dfncis.de> John Littler  wrote:
[x]
newsflash gave up so now it's halime to try and reply to Lars and Rolf...
for some reason this reader doesn't pick those up... jeez

Rolf ... the problem is with the FQDN and the code you gave doesn't
overwrite anything the system says. Thanks anyway!

Lars ... the present Message-ID looks like this
M1244455@some-mac-computer.local. where some-mac-computer is gathered
from the computer name and then ".local." is tacked on to it.
There doesn't seem to be any way to make this into a proper FQDN and
I can't see where "local." is coming from to try and change it.

I notice "newsflash" and "halime" check the DN and if it's not
sensible give something else (like the newsserver DN).
Cheers
John

* Re: bad headers message mac os 10.2.3
@ 2003-01-28 10:48   ` John Littler
From: John Littler @ 2003-01-28 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Littler <jlittler@mstation.org> writes:
sorry to follow up my own post but I've temporarily solved this
by putting a fictitious (in my domain) host into /etc/hostconfig.
It would be nicer if gnus can be pursuaded to use a sensible
FQDN from the options available with a normal hostsconfig file.
Cheers
John

@ 2003-01-26 22:04 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-26 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Littler <jlittler@mstation.org> writes:

> Hi, I've got gnus receiving mail and news but if I try to post (I'm
> using newsflash for this) I get a message complaining about bad
> message headers.  The system headers must be ok for this post to work
> ... any ideas?

What do the headers look like, and what is the error message exactly?