* Accessing hidden headers
@ 2019-04-09  7:26 Damien Collard
From: Damien Collard @ 2019-04-09  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I want to access the value of header 'Message-ID' but it seems not to be
possible when it's hidden, which is the case by default as it's
classified as a "boring" header.

Is there a way I can access the hidden headers without changing the
headers shown?

Damien

* Re: Accessing hidden headers
@ 2019-04-09  7:31 ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2019-04-09  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Damien Collard writes:

> Hello,
>
> I want to access the value of header 'Message-ID' but it seems not to be
> possible when it's hidden, which is the case by default as it's
> classified as a "boring" header.
>
> Is there a way I can access the hidden headers without changing the
> headers shown?

You can press "t" (gnus-summary-toggle-header).

--
Alberto

* Re: Accessing hidden headers
@ 2019-04-09  8:05   ` Damien Collard
From: Damien Collard @ 2019-04-09  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Mar, avr 09 2019, Alberto Luaces wrote:

> You can press "t" (gnus-summary-toggle-header).

Sorry, I meant programmatically.

* Re: Accessing hidden headers
@ 2019-04-09 18:17     ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-04-09 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Damien Collard <damien.collard@distfp.net> writes:

> On Mar, avr 09 2019, Alberto Luaces wrote:
>
>> You can press "t" (gnus-summary-toggle-header).
>
> Sorry, I meant programmatically.

You can get it with:

(mail-header-message-id
 (gnus-data-header
  (gnus-data-find
   (gnus-summary-article-number)))

While point is on the message in question. If there's a more direct way
I'd like to know about it!

Eric

* Re: Accessing hidden headers
@ 2019-04-10  2:55 ` 황병희
From: 황병희 @ 2019-04-10  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Apr 09 2019, Damien Collard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to access the value of header 'Message-ID' but it seems not to be
> possible when it's hidden, which is the case by default as it's
> classified as a "boring" header.
>
> Is there a way I can access the hidden headers without changing the
> headers shown?
>
> Damien

Hellow Damien^^^

It's mine: ~/.gnus

#+BEGIN_SRC: elisp
(setq gnus-visible-headers
      '("^From:"
	"^Newsgroups:"
	"^Subject:"
	"^Date:"
	"^To:"
	"^Cc:"
	"^Organization:"
	"^Followup-To:"
	"^Mail-Followup-To:"
	"^Reply-To:"
	"^Posted-To:"
	"^Resent-From:"
	"^Resent-To:"
	"^Message-ID:"
	"^X-Newsreader:"
	"^User-Agent:"
	"^X-Mailer:"
	"^X-Envelope-From:"
	"^X-Google-Original-From:"
	"^X-Injected-Via-Gmane:"))
#+END_SRC

Sincerely, Byung-Hee from South Korea.

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: Accessing hidden headers
@ 2019-04-10  5:42       ` Damien Collard
From: Damien Collard @ 2019-04-10  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Mar, avr 09 2019, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> You can get it with:
>
> (mail-header-message-id
>  (gnus-data-header
>   (gnus-data-find
>    (gnus-summary-article-number)))

Perfect, thank you!

I need it as part of a treatment, for which point is in the article
buffer, so I'll be using it as follows:

(when (gnus-buffer-live-p gnus-summary-buffer)
  (with-current-buffer gnus-summary-buffer
    <...your code...>))

> While point is on the message in question. If there's a more direct way
> I'd like to know about it!

Way more direct and way cleaner than what I had tried!

Thanks,

@ 2019-04-10  5:49   ` Damien Collard
From: Damien Collard @ 2019-04-10  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello Byung-Hee,

Thank you, but this doesn't show how to access the value of the headers
programmatically. See Eric Abrahamsen's answer for a nice solution.

* Re: Accessing hidden headers
@ 2019-04-10  5:50   ` Damien Collard
From: Damien Collard @ 2019-04-10  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english