On Fri, 10 May 2013 23:30:00 +0800 XeCycle wrote: X> Some time ago I was told that upon connecting a NNTP server the X> authinfo file is always read, so as not to miss any lines with X> `force' for the server. But it causes inconvenience when my X> authinfo file is encrypted. X> So I came again to ask, can I now inhibit reading of X> authentication information for a specific server? If not, I'm X> seriously requesting this feature. I do have some sort of GPG X> agent running, but I think it better to give this option. Hi Carl, see the attached patch. I am not sure if the parameter will be called `nntp-auth' but please try applying the patch once and see if the logic is correct. Let me know if you're not sure how to use this. Thanks Ted