From: Leon <sdl.web@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: indicate email has attachment in summary buffer
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:28:11 +0100	[thread overview]

> On Thu, Aug 03 2006, Leon wrote:
>
>> I have adapt one function from rs-gnus-summary.el as:
>>
>> (defun gnus-user-format-function-@ (header)
>>   "Display @ for message with attachment in summary line.
> [...]
>>     (when (string-match "^multipart/mixed" ctype)
>>       (setq indicator "@"))
>>     (if indicator
>> 	indicator
>>       " ")))
>>
>> As you can see, I only match "^multipart/mixed" with Content-type.
>
> Probably this setting should do the same...
>
> (setq rs-gnus-summary-line-content-type-alist
>       '((".*" " ")
> 	("^multipart/mixed" "@")))

Yes. There are a lot of other nice features in your rs-gnus-summary.el
for example the Thunderbird-like labels.

>> Do you think this is reliable to match all emails with attachment?
>
> It also matches other articles (e.g. various text/plain parts with
> different charset), but these articles are quite rare.
>
> Bye, Reiner.

Actually I just met one such email. Gnus didn't show any attachment in
article buffer, but thunderbird did. Is there any standard way of
testing if an email has attachment?

Thanks a lot!

--
Leon