Emanuel Berg writes: > Rainer M Krug writes: > >> For some reason which I do not understand, the Gnus >> instance is always switching back to "Word Wrap" in >> the summary buffer. Previously it was staying at >> "Truncate long lines". >> >> If I open a new Gnus instance, it is set to "Word >> Wrap", but a new instance of emacs (same emacs.el >> file, same customization) is not. >> >> How can I bring back the previous behavior line >> truncating mode for all GNUS buffer? > > Try this: > > (set-default 'truncate-lines t) All this does not work if one sets global-visual-line-mode to 1 in a different buffer... Found it, changed it to visual-line-mode and everything is working again. Thanks, Rainer -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982