* Scoring down articles older then last visit to group?
@ 2003-05-11  9:33 Jonas Steverud
From: Jonas Steverud @ 2003-05-11  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I have a problem that is currently driving me of USENET. The reason is
that my ISP's news server a couple of times each months shows articles
that showed up for about one week ago as new articles.

It is most annying to read articles that one has read already.

I do not know what causes this, if it is some other server in the
ISP's feed that is slow/misconfigured or if my ISP's server is crazy.

I really don't care what's the problem is - I doubt that it is (Oort)
Gnus (0.18 and before that 0.07), and hence this is a problem beyond
my control. But I think Gnus can help me get around it.

What I would like to do is either score down on articles that are
older then 3-4 days compared to today's date, or score down articles
that are older then the last visit minus one day (i.e. older then the
day before last visit to the group) and then use Gnus' fascillity to
keep track on when I visited the group last (the timestamp).

The scoring on date is one possibility but it would require that I do
some manual work each time I read a group, and I do not want that. And
after a while my score files would be filled with variuos dates and
look quite untidy.

Is this possible? If not, I would very much like such a feature. :-)

TIA!

--
(         http://hem.bredband.net/steverud        !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-11  9:33 UTC | newest]