* Re: Meta-Down doesn't work
       [not found] <87it2vigyc.fsf@io.com>
@ 2002-08-01  6:43 ` Ronald Fischer
From: Ronald Fischer @ 2002-08-01  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adam Fabian <afabian@io.com> writes:

> When I press alt-down, emacs (from what C-h alt-down tells me) reads
> only the down key; no meta.

When you do from the Linux commandline a

  xmodmap -pm

what do you get? Maybe "Alt" is not properly defined as a meta key.

> When I use ESC <down>, emacs says ESC ESC
> [ b is undefined.  And meta-up seems to get my some message from the
> kernel about inittab.

This is weird. Could you give more information about this kernel
message thing?

Also, when you do a M-x view-lossage, what keys do you find recorded
there after you have used alt-down and alt-up?

Ronald
--
To reduce spam in my inbox, the address given in the Reply-To: header is
not guaranteed to live longer than 1 month after the article was

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-01  6:43 UTC | newest]