* Re: freezing emacs
@ 2006-11-04  2:34 ` netawater
From: netawater @ 2006-11-04  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the message displayed in the bottom of gnus after you hit "g"?

* freezing emacs
@ 2006-11-09 19:25 Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-11-09 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
of 2006-03-07 on hs20-bc1-6.build.redhat.com

Gnus v5.9.0

fedora core 5

I have this problem, emacs is freezing ofter only when gnus is on and
I go and hit "g" in the group buffer to get the latest articles.

any body with the same problem?

thanks

* Re: freezing emacs
@ 2006-11-10 14:55   ` Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-11-10 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

netawater <netstandin-002@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

> What is the message displayed in the bottom of gnus after you hit
> "g"?

no message displayed at all, it often happens when I disconnect and
reconnect to the Internet. and for sure happens when I forget that the
Internet connection is down and hit "g".

* Re: freezing emacs
@ 2006-11-11  6:16   ` Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-11-11  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

netawater <netstandin-002@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

> What is the message displayed in the bottom of gnus after you hit "g"?

I just noticed a message saying;
Could not open server.

BTW, I ofter shut down the network service when I am not using it.