* I want 8bit ISO, not f***ing UTF-8
@ 2002-08-15 21:37 Markku Kolkka
From: Markku Kolkka @ 2002-08-15 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm currently running Gnus 5.9.0 on Emacs 21.2.1, under Red Hat Linux
7.3.93 (Limbo2). I've tried to configure Gnus to use Latin-1 or
Latin-9 character set, but if I try to enter some "umlauted"
charcters, I get them in UTF-8 encoding. However, the article
_headers_ will incorrectly claim that the character set is iso-8859-1
(or -15) so the article will be unreadable. Demonstration:
äöå

How do I make Emacs/Gnus to _really_ use only 8bit Latin characters?

--
	Markku Kolkka
	markku.kolkka@iki.fi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-15 21:37 UTC | newest]