* smtp auth in Gnus
@ 2003-05-16  8:08 Subhankar Chatterjee
From: Subhankar Chatterjee @ 2003-05-16  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Emacsites,

I am using Gnus v5.9.0 in GNU Emacs 21.2.1. How do I turn on SMTP AUTH?
The smtp server I use requires authentication. I have added these lines in
my .gnus :--

(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials
      '(("my.server.com" "port" "my_id")))

But its still not working. When I send the mail, it gives an error message
saying smtp response error 550. I had included my password after the id,
but it didn't work too. There is no problems with other mail clients when
using the same smtp server.

Help !!!

-Subhankar