* Re: Persitent articles not shown
       [not found] <m2sjyzasp2.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2010-11-21  4:21 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <m2r5ee7n7u.fsf@gmail.com>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-21  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using persistent articles to save articles that I find interesting.
>
> But when entering in a group, where articles have been made persistent,
> the (old) persistent articles are not shown. They're only visible in
> their corresponding cache group.

Gnus will only show the articles that you've asked Gnus to show.  So if
you're saying "show me the last 100 articles", Gnus will do that, no
matter whether the articles are cached or not.

If you wish to have some articles permanently displayed in a group, then
tick them or something.

> Doing '\ *' shows only persistent articles that would be showed in the
> group buffer even if they're not persistent.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  `/ *' will display all the cached
articles in the group, I think.

       [not found]       ` <m21v6exxj2.fsf@gmail.com>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-21 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> Ok, I thought that persistent could have always been shown in the group
> buffer they belong or at least make a command to include them later.

`/ *' shows them later, doesn't it?

       [not found]           ` <m2wro6we93.fsf@gmail.com>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-21 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> If I ask Gnus to show me the last 100 articles _and_ there're some
> already cached articles in those then Gnus shows them. In this case
> doing `/ *' makes Gnus to show only persistent articles previously
> showed.

`Y c' will probably do what you want...

@ 2010-11-24 22:46             ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-24 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, exactly... except that it lasts 5 mins (exactly) to include my 1298
> cached articles in the group.

That was a very inefficient implementation.  I've now written a new one
which should be significantly faster when inserting a large number of
cached articles.