* nnimap problem - old headers in summary buffer
@ 2006-07-31 12:18 Andreas Balser
From: Andreas Balser @ 2006-07-31 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have the following problem running gnus v5.10.8:

When I move email messages from one folder to another, the header of
the moved message is still shown in the summary folder of the old
folder. (After I leave the folder and enter again; or after I quit
gnus/emacs and start it again.)

Some of those messages can still be read, and some not.

Both kinds cannot be erased by "B Del" (because they aren't there
anymore).

How I can I make gnus create a good summary for such a mail folder?

Regards,
Andreas

* Re: nnimap problem - old headers in summary buffer
@ 2006-07-31 15:13 ` Hasse Hagen Johansen
From: Hasse Hagen Johansen @ 2006-07-31 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Andreas> Hello, I have the following problem running gnus v5.10.8:

    Andreas> When I move email messages from one folder to another,
    Andreas> the header of the moved message is still shown in the
    Andreas> summary folder of the old folder. (After I leave the
    Andreas> folder and enter again; or after I quit gnus/emacs and
    Andreas> start it again.)

    Andreas> Some of those messages can still be read, and some not.

    Andreas> Both kinds cannot be erased by "B Del" (because they
    Andreas> aren't there anymore).

    Andreas> How I can I make gnus create a good summary for such a
    Andreas> mail folder?

I saw your earlier thread about nnimap. I've got some of the problems
sometimes. I think it has something to do with that gnus is caching
the headers. I also have old headers in my main mailfolder. Normally
when I discover this I delete the ~/News/agent/nnimap/<imap server>
folder

But I believe that there must be a better way. Maybe somehow the cache
kan be refreshed or maybe it can be disabled for nnimap?

Regards
Hasse H. Johansen

* Re: nnimap problem - old headers in summary buffer
@ 2006-08-01  7:44   ` Andreas Balser
From: Andreas Balser @ 2006-08-01  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hasse,

> the headers. I also have old headers in my main mailfolder. Normally
> when I discover this I delete the ~/News/agent/nnimap/<imap server>
> folder

Thanks!
This seemed to work for the moment.
Since I use gnus almost only for email, I have now set
gnus-agent-use-cache (or similar) to "off".
I will see whether that works permanently.

Regards,
Andreas