* problem: many folders
@ 2003-01-11  2:17 Thomas R. Shannon
From: Thomas R. Shannon @ 2003-01-11  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I usually store my mail in many folders in subdirectories of my
'nnfolder-directory'.  As far as I can tell, I need to be subscribed
to these folders just like newsgroups.  Using the
'nnfolder-generate-active-file' command really helps with this matter
but it doesn't appear to be recursive.  In other words, it doesn't
search my numerous subdirectories.  Is there any way to do this?

Tom S.
--
Quotes of the Day for January 8, 2003
Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action,

* Re: problem: many folders
@ 2003-01-11 11:17 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-01-11 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

tshannon@rush.edu (Thomas R. Shannon) writes:

> I usually store my mail in many folders in subdirectories of my
> 'nnfolder-directory'.  As far as I can tell, I need to be subscribed
> to these folders just like newsgroups.  Using the
> 'nnfolder-generate-active-file' command really helps with this matter
> but it doesn't appear to be recursive.  In other words, it doesn't
> search my numerous subdirectories.  Is there any way to do this?

Say ^ in group buffer, move point to the nnfolder server, hit RET and
subscribe to the groups with u.

--
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

* Re: problem: many folders
@ 2003-01-11 14:13   ` Thomas R. Shannon
From: Thomas R. Shannon @ 2003-01-11 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Schmitt <usereplyto@Frank-Schmitt.net> writes:

> tshannon@rush.edu (Thomas R. Shannon) writes:
>
> > I usually store my mail in many folders in subdirectories of my
> > 'nnfolder-directory'.  As far as I can tell, I need to be subscribed
> > to these folders just like newsgroups.  Using the
> > 'nnfolder-generate-active-file' command really helps with this matter
> > but it doesn't appear to be recursive.  In other words, it doesn't
> > search my numerous subdirectories.  Is there any way to do this?
>
> Say ^ in group buffer, move point to the nnfolder server, hit RET and
> subscribe to the groups with u.

Only the mailboxes located in the 'nnfolder-directory' show up.  The
ones in the subdirectories under the 'nnfolder-directory' don't show
up.  At least on my system.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or
there's something else I need to do in addition to this?

Thanks,

Tom S.