* nnmaildir trouble
@ 2005-11-11  2:08 Lars Tobias Børsting
From: Lars Tobias Børsting @ 2005-11-11  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have just converted all my mail to maildir format. I want to try the
nnmaildir backend but I can't quite figure it out.

I have put this in my .gnus.el:
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
             '(nnmaildir ""
                         (directory "~/Maildir")))

All the maildir directories are under this folder, like this:
~/Maildir/
~/Maildir/.spam
~/Maildir/.Trash
~/Maildir/.lists.gnus
etc.

Now, when I open gnus, I need to subscribe to the new maildirs, right?
So I press U and type nnmaildir: and enter. And then no maildir
appears.

Am I missing something crucial here?

--
Regards,

Lars Tobias

* Re: nnmaildir trouble
@ 2005-11-11 19:15 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2005-11-11 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Tobias Børsting <lars.tobias.borsting@ntnu.no> wrote:
> All the maildir directories are under this folder, like this:
> ~/Maildir/
> ~/Maildir/.spam
> ~/Maildir/.Trash
> ~/Maildir/.lists.gnus
> etc.

nnmaildir ignores anything starting with ".".  I'd suggest:
$ cd ~/Maildir
$ mkdir ~/nnmaildir
$ for i in .[!.]*; do ln -s ~/Maildir/"$i" ~/nnmaildir/"${i#.}"; done
$ ln -s ~/Maildir ~/nnmaildir/inbox

Then you can use ~/nnmaildir in your select method.

paul