* Re: Red comments in .emacs & .gnus
       [not found] <87elc4iaiz.fsf@smtp.blueyonder.co.uk>
@ 2002-09-08 19:01 ` Ichimusai
From: Ichimusai @ 2002-09-08 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith O'Connell <keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Based on a conversation in this group I decided to day to have a
> seperate .emacs and .gnus file and to stop using the customiser option
> in emacs and instead learn what I was doing
>
> It is a very little thing, but why is it when I open .emacs all my
> comments that are prefixed with ";" are in red whereas there is no
> colour change in .gnus. The red is a helpful tool for seeing what I am
> doing, so I would like to know why it is not on, and how to turn it
> on.

It is on because emacs recongnize the .emacs file to be a file that
contains elisp so it enters the apropriate modes. It does not
recognize the .gnus the same way, but you can easily turn it on
yourself by issuing M-x lisp-mode RET.

Hope that helps!

--
  // AA#769 ICQ: 1645566 http://www.ichimusai.org/
\X/  ASCII ribbon campaign - No HTML, RTF or MS Word in mail

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-08 19:01 UTC | newest]