* Re: goal-column in summary buffer
       [not found] <87hed7ion8.fsf@jidanni.org>
@ 2002-12-22 19:48 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-12-22 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----
| Positioning point
|
|    Gnus usually moves point to a pre-defined place on each line in most
| buffers.  By default, point move to the first colon character on the
| line.  You can customize this behaviour in three different ways.
|
|    You can move the colon character to somewhere else on the line.
|
|    You can redefine the function that moves the point to the colon.  The
| function is called `gnus-goto-colon'.
|
|    But perhaps the most convenient way to deal with this, if you don't
| want to have a colon in your line, is to use the `%C' specifier.  If you
| put a `%C' somewhere in your format line definition, Gnus will place
| point there.
`----

The colon works in Gnus 5.9, but I think `%C' and the function
`gnus-goto-colon' might be new in Oort Gnus.

@ 2002-12-22 19:46 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-22 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@dman.ddts.net> writes:

> Or maybe we can be allowed our choice of 'goal fields'.

You can redefine the function gnus-goto-colon.  Or you can use the %C
specifier in gnus-summary-line-format (only available in recent
Gnusae -- maybe Oort is necessary).