* How to save an attachment to an email to disk?
@ 2002-11-09  8:08 A. L. Meyers
From: A. L. Meyers @ 2002-11-09  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please excuse this dumb question.  Sometimes receive emails with
attachments, e. g. M$ formats.  antiword automatically converts the
*.doc files to text and tells me e. g. that an *.rtf file is probably
rtf format but does not convert it to text.

How can one save such an attachment to disk?  Have searched through the
menus but have been unsuccessful finding the correct item.

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP Key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15

* Re: How to save an attachment to an email to disk?
@ 2002-11-09 14:22 ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-11-09 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

"A. L. Meyers" <nospam.look@replyto.because.this.is.invalid> writes:

> How can one save such an attachment to disk?  Have searched through the
> menus but have been unsuccessful finding the correct item.

K o runs `gnus-article-save-part'

Documentation:
Save MIME part N, which is the numerical prefix.

For example, to save a MIME part that looks like this:

[2. application/vnd.ms-excel; xyz.xls]...

use `2 K o'.

-Nevin