* Re: "nnimap: Checking mailbox"
       [not found] <ymhvg4knw4g.fsf@okocim.cs.ubc.ca>
@ 2002-10-03  2:07 ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-10-03  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca> writes:

[...]

> gnus-activate-level's value is 1

[...]

Chris Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca> writes:

> Everybody knows that subscribing to a  group is done by hitting 'U' in
> the *Groups* buffer. Well, not quite. I have to do a 'U' followed by a
> 'S  l  1',  otherwise  the  group  in  question  doesn't  reappear  on
> restarting  Gnus.  Can  somebody  explain  what I'm  doing  wrong,  or
> translate the  relevant section of  the Info pages into  language that
> even   a   non-gnus-developer   can   understand,   or   correct   the
> documentation/menubuffer accordingly?

OK, so you have gnus-activate-level set to 1 above which means that

`gnus-activate-level' is a variable declared in Lisp.
  -- loaded from "gnus-start"

Value: 3

Documentation:
*Groups higher than this level won't be activated on startup.
Setting this variable to something low might save lots of time when
you have many groups that you aren't interested in.

When you subscribe a group it is set to gnus-level-default-subscribed
which is 3 by default.

You may gain some mileage out of reading the node Group Levels
carefully.

-Nevin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-03  2:07 UTC | newest]